Thursday, February 03, 2005

Rambling Along...

More often than not of late I seem to find myself drifting aloof and not deliberately at that. Nothing unusual about it, save that given the fact that one is used to being at the hub of all activity, if not in the midst of it, it can be unnerving to experience a sudden all encompassing whiff of guarded solitary-ism.

Guarded because I seem to have become very protective of my own private space, vocal is more like it and no amount of it seems to be enough. Guess it’s a phase I seem to be passing through… all the same it sure seems to have made its presence felt. This being manifest, in the choice of company I so choose to keep. This is not to say that I have begun to sport an all-new friend circle, although given my weakness to continually stretch its ever-expanding radius that could very much be possible.

Lately, I’ve noticed myself gravitate towards mature and mellow company, and having said that, I don’t mean to come across high and mighty in a condescending vein on the rest of them all, much as it might sound like that, but the truth is far from it. Company like that comes few and afar and should one be fortunate to be in such company, care should be taken to cultivate and sustain it for company like this unfailingly brings to the fore those precious hidden facets of personality that fit in like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle into the mosaic of an otherwise incomplete life. You only learn in such company and thrive as an individual outside it. I have!

In fact, chances are, if you're reading this blog, I have you to thank for this accomplishment. because the truth is, I'm not just me; I'm a little bit of everyone that has had an influence in my life. And so you've probably made more of a difference in my life than you realize.

And in a special way, a special thank you to you - Kamana, Aarti, Chatty Chechii ;-), Vijay, Kiran and Raghu if you are reading this...

"Some people walk into our lives and quickly go. some stay for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts and we are never, ever the same."

Friends & Friendships ...why some feel just right!

Relationships are huge opportunities for growth and connection. Once you’ve looked at them through the four lenses below, you appreciate bet...