Friday, February 04, 2005

Birthday Blues

My 25-th birthday just went by. Another year gone in the face of the next approaching. This was my second birthday consecutively spent away from home. Didn't get as homesick this time around as the last, though the craving for attention and the intense need to be indulged upon was just as strong.

Away from home and my close-knit friend circle in Mumbai, my birthday this year, was okay, nothing singular about it save the pride of having being crowned with an (extra glow) aura of prominence, the intensity of which was inversely proportional to time, as the day progressed at college...

I'm no megalomaniac but let's face it, it feels good to be made to feel important on your birthday - so important that your family and close friends take time off their ablutions of daily life, and make the effort to call you and shower you with their loving warmth. I guess the all consuming need to feel validated as an individual is universal, more so on occasions like your birthday! Thankfully in that sense I felt more than just validated!

Meanwhile, post birthday euphoria, my life ambles on into the darker realities of this last and final trimester at B-School, as I (forcibly) busy myself in its drone of mundanities. Hoping that the Ides of March bring along with it reason for much needed succor from this sense of all pevailing boredom, as I will by then have nostalgically inked the concluding chapters of my life at B-School here in Chennai...

It's back home to Mumbai after that for a brief vacation before Hyderabad beckons at the call of work, sometime in May.

Like I said, another year gone in the face of the next approaching.

With the ink slowly drying in on one chapter of my life, I'm only too ready to begin penning down the script for the next.

Like they say, this way or that - life goes on...!

No comments:

Friends & Friendships ...why some feel just right!

Relationships are huge opportunities for growth and connection. Once you’ve looked at them through the four lenses below, you appreciate bet...