Friday, January 19, 2018

Idly-ing time...

Town never ceases to surprise me everytime I visit. It's the one ever beautiful part of Bombay that has been relatively untouched and unscathed by the fugly hands of that deaf and blind ogre called 'Development'.    

Bombay can grow and expand in as many directions as it wishes to but, the 'feeling' that is 'Bombay' can only be experienced as you visit and soak in the ambience of South Bombay. From Renaissance to Gothic architecture to cobblestoned pathways that meander into streets throwing up happy unexpected surprises, this part of the city is a treat to the senses.

Imagine my glee therefore - after all these years of having studied and colleged here - at finding a quaint Mangalorean eatery, I never knew existed in 'Swagath Refreshments' on Gunbow St., Fort! The best ullandu dosai and rasam vadai evah! ๐Ÿ˜‹
   Never the one to particularly speak highly of the sambhar and coconut chutney dished out by these Udupi's, I must confess Swagath's aromatic piping hot drumstick-pumpkin sambhar and tangy coconut chutney garnished with the udad dal, red-chilly and mustard had me greedily hungering  for more. It only helped that the friendly waiters happily indulged me. ๐Ÿ˜„
  The impeccably prepared degree coffee ☕️ too reminded me of the ones served back at Murugan Idli, Madras. Burp!

It takes a lot for me to say this BUT say it I will - this place is EVEN better than my all time favourite - Matunga's Madras Cafรจ. Try it...you'll come back for more. I sure am!

No comments:

Friends & Friendships ...why some feel just right!

Relationships are huge opportunities for growth and connection. Once you’ve looked at them through the four lenses below, you appreciate bet...