Thursday, May 19, 2005

Of Prefacing Interludes...

It's been quite a while since my last blog entry. But then back home on a vacation in good ole' Mumbai, I resigned myself to taking a sabbatical before I hit the blogging scene again. And what a lazy sabbatical this has been!

Life back home in Mumbai is pretty chilled-out. The day begins at 9:00 am and ends at 2:00 pm for me; what I do in these waking hours is anyone’s guess! I have all the time I could possibly need at my disposal. The trouble is – I just don’t know what to do with all of it!

Everyone is so busy with their working lives that it gives me a complex doing nothing. I shudder at the thought of answering that one irritating question posed of me - for the hundred and first time now – ‘How do pass your time beta?’ And it doesn’t matter if the neighbourhood auntyji's (and there are hajaar of them, inquisitive one’s around) who poses it is as much faced with much the same quandary as I am.

Gosh, I’m serious...these guys truly seem to have made a 24*7 profession out of asking this question to unwary and unarmoured souls like yours truly who are out on a brief vacation at home. Whatever happened to the good ole' 'relaxation' and 'unwind' elements synonymous with vacation time???

Grrrr…one of these days I’m going to spend my time knocking on all the doors in this vicinity and smirkingly haunt each and everyone of them with the same question. That way, maybe we could compare notes and all!

Holy cow. Look at poor me! The fact that I’m actually taking time off to pen this sad story of my life should give you a fair idea of how of how velaa I am!

Friends & Friendships ...why some feel just right!

Relationships are huge opportunities for growth and connection. Once you’ve looked at them through the four lenses below, you appreciate bet...